« 1 2 3 4 > 11 Next »
Is school a waste of time ? 6221
Posts 1,374
Rep 499
Vouches: 52
Credits: 2,071
GhostEarthDemonVoidWeebSunPalm TreeBronze MedalSilver MedalGold MedalGift
02-10-2020, 10:39 AM
(02-10-2020, 10:24 AM)glodun Wrote:Yes you do in the us lmaoo do you just think you can pick everything in life ?? Arabic is just something I used for a example stop speaking on that lol

You must have a really East life if you just pick and get everything you want lol

Here u fill out a form ranking with all the classes you wish to take from most to least. Then each student takes an exam and that determines where they go on the list they filled out. Better students get into better schools. If you don't want to study a specific language you just don't enter it in the first place.

kinda sounds like you're cappin? you can't possibly be put in a random school. if that were to be the case they'd all be the same education wise, which evidently isn't the case if you're studying a lang you don't even want.

(01-01-1975, 10:09 AM)lickhitter123 Wrote:niggas keep calling me a multi. yes im a multi millionaire but u don't have to neg me 

(01-01-1975, 10:09 AM)lickhitter123 Wrote:niggas keep calling me a multi. yes im a multi millionaire but u don't have to neg me 

Posts 1,467
Rep 184
Vouches: 32
Credits: 1,305
Bronze MedalToilet PaperSilver MedalGold MedalEarthHeartDemonVoid
02-10-2020, 10:44 AM
yea if you want to be uneducated and end up being homeless and begging your parents for money who probably gave up on you 10 years ago

Posts 79
Rep 26
Vouches: 4
Credits: 1,231
InstagramYouTubeTwitterBronze Medal
OP02-10-2020, 10:48 AM
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2020, 10:50 AM by glodun.)
(02-10-2020, 10:39 AM)daze Wrote:Here u fill out a form ranking with all the classes you wish to take from most to least. Then each student takes an exam and that determines where they go on the list they filled out. Better students get into better schools. If you don't want to study a specific language you just don't enter it in the first place.

kinda sounds like you're cappin? you can't possibly be put in a random school. if that were to be the case they'd all be the same education wise, which evidently isn't the case if you're studying a lang you don't even want.

I swear dude in my state they just want you to go to the damn building they don’t care

(02-10-2020, 10:44 AM)opensource Wrote:yea if you want to be uneducated and end up being homeless and begging your parents for money who probably gave up on you 10 years ago

You don’t always need school to be successful idk why everyone sees it that way

(02-10-2020, 10:33 AM)sun Wrote:people who think school is pointless, don’t truly understand what it does. it’s not about learning all that stupid shit, it’s about proving/learning to do it.

Yeah cause when I’m sitting in a art class drawing circles on a paper Like it’s 2nd grade I’m totally missing out

If your reading this I hope you live a nice successful life !

Kik @overcharging
Discord glodun#9511

Kik @overcharging
Discord glodun#9511

Kik @overcharging
Discord glodun#9511

Kik @overcharging
Discord glodun#9511

Posts 1,467
Rep 184
Vouches: 32
Credits: 1,305
Bronze MedalToilet PaperSilver MedalGold MedalEarthHeartDemonVoid
02-10-2020, 10:54 AM
(02-10-2020, 10:48 AM)glodun Wrote:I swear dude in my state they just want you to go to the damn building they don’t care

Yeah cause when I’m sitting in a art class drawing circles on a paper Like it’s 2nd grade I’m totally missing out

fucking hell your dumb because school is literally the foundation for everything that you wanna learn if your life fucking idiot

Posts 1,784
Rep 748
Bronze MedalChocolate BunnySilver MedalVoidSilver NinjaGold MedalSunBronze CoinDemonTurkeyGiftCandy Cane
02-10-2020, 10:55 AM
(02-10-2020, 10:48 AM)glodun Wrote:I swear dude in my state they just want you to go to the damn building they don’t care

some classes ARE pointless. any art or music classes are, UNLESS you actually wanna do that in the future. but math? history? get in there and learn some shit.

Posts 79
Rep 26
OP02-10-2020, 10:56 AM
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2020, 10:59 AM by glodun.)
(02-10-2020, 10:54 AM)opensource Wrote:fucking hell your dumb because school is literally the foundation for everything that you wanna learn if your life fucking idiot

School does not teach you everything I’m mainly going on about life skills lol stop getting mad this is a debate not a real argument just post your opinion and move on

You all are giving amazing points which I like but I’m talking about Life Skills guys like what to do if I go bankrupt, how to change a tire, how to do taxes , etc

I’m passing all my classes I’m doing fine In school but I just feel they should teach more stuff for the real world feel me ?

Kik @overcharging
Discord glodun#9511

Kik @overcharging
Discord glodun#9511

Kik @overcharging
Discord glodun#9511

Kik @overcharging
Discord glodun#9511

Posts 1,821
Rep 951
Vouches: 144
Credits: 92
02-10-2020, 10:59 AM
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2020, 11:00 AM by Crx.)
do people on here socialize only on the internet? get some friends irl, i've met all of my friends through school / through friends in school.
that's what school is mostly for.

PM me on-site for my discord.
Always confirm with me on-site before doing ANY deal.

Posts 79
Rep 26
OP02-10-2020, 11:00 AM
(02-10-2020, 10:59 AM)Crx Wrote:do people on here socialize only on the internet? get some friends irl, i've met all of my friends through school / through friends in school.
that's what school is mostly for.

Lol what are you going on about ? I have friends Irl

Kik @overcharging
Discord glodun#9511

Kik @overcharging
Discord glodun#9511

Kik @overcharging
Discord glodun#9511

Kik @overcharging
Discord glodun#9511

Posts 51
Rep 29
Vouches: 6
Credits: 454
02-10-2020, 11:12 AM
School in my opinion is more for social skills and learning to be on time, create a schedule needed to get the most important things done. No it’s not fun but in order to have a good job, you MUST have good social skills. You’re right about the part where they should teach you how to change a tire or do your taxes but high school is just to guide you. When you get into schooling past high school and go into a career you’re interested in, THATS when you learn those type of skills. Become a mechanic and learn how to change a tire. High school doesn’t put you ready for a career it just helps you pick one then it’s your responsibility to pursue it and get the correct training to specialize in that field. Yeah school sucks a lot but at least finish high school. I personally don’t want to attend a 4 year college because I don’t like school as well but some kind of training is necessary. Maybe a trade school. A lot of people that leave high school and get a job still have to get training for that career on the job. Most of the people who become successful out of high school and don’t receive any training are very lucky and I wish I was them lol. Maybe that’s why so many people try to become pro gamers or rappers now.

Discord: Mr#2793

Liked by: glodun
Posts 724
Rep 295
Vouches: 46
Credits: 153
SunPalm TreeBronze MedalSilver MedalGold MedalVoidMigrationBronze CoinSilver CoinGold CoinJukeboxGrenadeDemon
02-10-2020, 11:16 AM
(02-10-2020, 10:39 AM)daze Wrote:Here u fill out a form ranking with all the classes you wish to take from most to least. Then each student takes an exam and that determines where they go on the list they filled out. Better students get into better schools. If you don't want to study a specific language you just don't enter it in the first place.

Yes, in most instances in the United States your school is pre-determined based on where your location is. School districting creates zones where each zone is assigned a particular elementary, middle, and high school.

(02-10-2020, 10:56 AM)glodun Wrote:School does not teach you everything I’m mainly going on about life skills lol stop getting mad this is a debate not a real argument just post your opinion and move on

You all are giving amazing points which I like but I’m talking about Life Skills guys like what to do if I go bankrupt, how to change a tire, how to do taxes , etc

I’m passing all my classes I’m doing fine In school but I just feel they should teach more stuff for the real world feel me ?

The point of school isn't to learn about trigonometry, yes you will never need to re-use the relationships between triangle angles and their side lengths ever again in your life. The point is that school molds you into the ability to think logically and creatively. You take arts and language arts classes to expose you to what limits of creativity have been achieved in the past, you take history class to broaden your perception of the World through the ages. The point of science classes is to instill rationality and the Scientific method in you so that you learn how to think about the world and solve problems with a methodical solution. Math class similarly causes you to stretch your analytical and rationalizing skills further. Phys Ed is because you spend all day on OGU Shitposting about if school is necessary or not.

Can you use Arabic in your life? If you really focus on learning it and focus on it, abso-fucking-lutely. Having solid grasps of middle-eastern languages can open a wide variety of doors for you both in business dealings and if you wanted, in intelligence services as a translator to the dozens of international intelligence agencies desperate for Arabic speakers.

Stop viewing school as a mindset of a chore to do every day because you will end up hating it inevitably. Reframe your mindset towards viewing school as a way to improve your base set of skills that help you analyze and solve problems you encounter in the future. Making the most of school and the opportunities that you don't even know exist because you're too busy whining about it would serve you well in the long term

[Image: ECvl3af.gif]

Liked by: daze, glodun, loli
« 1 2 3 4 > 11 Next »