Create a "CS:GO Accounts" / "CS:GO Items" subsection in "Virtual Items" 971
Posts 1,222
Rep 385
Vouches: 52
Credits: 161
Innovator
OP03-10-2020, 04:46 AM

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2020, 07:56 PM by kitcat.)
**EDIT: Fuck yeah, it got added. B)

I'm kinda sick of this unclearness. OGU staff have been pretty vigilant in the past few days regarding enforcing the section rules - so people who have been listing CS:GO accounts, knives, skins, and other assorted items (such as Steam mains) have had their threads moved to "Virtual Accounts" and have been warned.

I think this is a fair policy, and it helps clean up the "OG Steam Accounts" section. However, it's completely unclear when you visit the site that you're meant to post in that specific section. "CS:GO account" and "Steam Account" are used almost interchangeably in the community, so it's logical to post in the OG Steam Accounts section when you have CS:GO stuff you need to sell. After all, that's where all the CS:GO buyers are watching.

So when staff started warning people and moving their threads to Virtual Accounts rather than OG Steam Accounts, I couldn't help but be a little concerned. It's been happening for days now, but there are still threads of people selling their main accounts, knives, skins, etc in OG Steam Accounts. I do have to congratulate the staff on the amount of threads they've moved, because Virtual Accounts is now 50% CSGO skins (which is good to see, compared to when I got warned in April 2018 for the same thing and literally nobody else did). However, it's still somewhat inconsistent and this creates confusion because people (esp. new members) see the threads in OG Steam Accounts and think that this must be the place to post. 

Therefore, I'm literally just asking for a bit more clarity. Literally everyone wins in this situation - staff have to move less threads because there's an actual set forum location for these deals rather than a confusing mess. Users know exactly where to look to buy skins without having to sort through the general clutter of Virtual Accounts. And sellers have a clear place to sell their items that buyers will actually look in, rather than being removed from OG Steam Accounts and having their chance of a sale drop by 50%. 

I didn't articulate this post the way I wanted to, but it's pretty easy to understand. 

Lmk if yall think this is a good idea.

Messages In This Thread
Create a "CS:GO Accounts" / "CS:GO Items" subsection in "Virtual Items" - by kitcat - 03-10-2020, 04:46 AM