Exploit and Duplicate Gamertags Explained / UPDATED December 31, 2019 31975
Posts 17
Rep 18
Vouches: 4
Credits: 76
10-01-2019, 07:15 PM
(04-23-2018, 12:17 AM)Maniac Wrote:I know this isn't the right section for this thread but lots of people need to see this. This section is more likely to catch the eye more quickly. If this thread can get a future sticky, that would help a lot of people and would be greatly appreciated.

The first part of the thread explains what exploits are. This is for people that are new to the gamertag scene. If you are familiar with all this then go to the part that says "Exploit Vs Original". This method was found out by Requiem originally. 

Introduction   
Hello OGU, I'm writing this thread to teach you everything you need to know about determining if a gamertag is an exploit or the OG version as well as the basic understanding of what an "exploit" gamertag is. Several people have asked me personally on how you do this so I decided to make a thread so the community can all get the knowledge. So let's get to it. 

What is an exploit gamertag?

An "Exploit" tag is a gamertag that was created in December 2016 that basically is another version of a gamertag that existed. For example: The gamertag PL was created during that time when the gamertag p l already existed. This was due to a glitch on the Xbox app with android devices. This method became viral within 2 days which caused hundreds of OG exploit gamertags to be created before getting patched. This exploit has even been around a little before this time but was super lowkey and not many people knew.

Are exploit tags bad?

After the exploit became patched, Microsoft started to FNC (Force name change) a lot of them starting from early 2017 and continued throughout the year. As I am posting this, several of them still exist. Are they at risk of getting FNC'd? We don't have an answer. Microsoft is known for doing things at random times so anything can happen. Right now it is too early to tell on whether or not they are done. Keep in mind that you can't swap any of these tags to new accounts because you will lose it.

Exploit Vs Original

Buying a gamertag but 2 versions exist? Which is the exploit?

This is the part that a lot of people don't know. Sometimes it's easy to tell because the OG version would sometimes have a lot more gamerscore and you can see that the dates of some achievements that go way back. But sometimes that's not always the case. If you're planning to buy a tag that has 2 versions and the owner claims that it's not the exploit version, then you should make sure yourself. What you want to do first is go to this website: cxkes.me
Go to projects at the top right then go to Xbox XUID Grabber. Then you should be at this screen:

[img][Image: iue3UGF.png][/img]

Type in any gamertag you want and then hit enter. What do you see? A bunch of random letters and numbers right? Well all that you see now is actually in hexadecimal conversion of an Xbox XUID for that particular gamertag. Here's how I will explain this. I'm sure you all are aware of our UID on a forum. It refers to the number in which you were to join the site. Low means you were here for a longer time than the higher numbers. This is the exact same case with the XUID.

One important thing that you should know are that December 2016 exploit tags have the same kind of XUID. Here is the XUID for the gamertag PL:

[Image: EL7KhuQ.png] [Image: UYUnPcA.png]

As you can see, PL has 901_____. This 901 means that the gamertag is from the 2016 exploit. Every exploit gamertag will have the same thing because they were all made around the same time a few days apart. The original version will be different in which I will show you in the next step.
Now let's see the XUID of the gamertag p l:

[Image: B1pEzUr.png]

You will see a bunch of zeros after the first 9 which means that it's a much lower number. The account was created years ago. 

Old gamertags before Xbox 360

Some OG gamertags are on accounts that were created on the original Xbox. An example is the Semi OG gamertag Lions. Here is the XUID for that gamertag:

[Image: cas9mRr.png]

You're probably wondering why you're seeing such a huge number when it's one of the oldest accounts on Xbox. All of these accounts with numbers and letters after the 9 were all created on the original Xbox. DON'T get this confused with 2016 exploits. As long as it doesn't have the 901 thing I showed previously then it's not part of the 2016 exploit. When Xbox 360 came out, the system changed in which the XUID started very low. Here is the XUID for 
L I O N S indicating that it is a 2016 exploit.

[Image: IrmILuD.png]

Keep in mind that there were some other exploit gamertags that were created a few years before. (Lots of these are also the OG version of the 2016 exploits). These older exploit tags were created off the original V1 gamertags. All of these V1 tags were reset in May 2016. These gamertags are safe and will not get FNC'd. The XUID will give you an idea of when the account was made. I recommend you search up a few gamertags yourself from different years to look at the XUID and see what it is. Ask one of your friends what year they made their account and then look at their XUID. This tool is very useful.

That pretty much wraps it up. If you still have any questions or you are still confused about something, you can ask me or @Requiem and we'll try to help you. If this site goes down, I will post another way of doing this. All thanks goes to the makers of cxkes.me.

Always be cautious and outsmart scammers. Take a few seconds and look up the gamertag before you buy. Thank you for reading.

UPDATE JULY 2, 2018:

The site has been down for quite some time so I'm updating the thread on another way you can check the XUID. 

Go to https://xboxapi.com/ and register a new account. One you're logged in, you should be on the xboxapi.com/profile page wherre all your user information is. You will have to sign in with any xbox live account on the site. Make sure you make a new fresh or sign in with an account you don't care about. Once it's linked, go to the Documentation tab at the top of the site. You will see a bunch of available end points in which you can click on. Click on number 5 where it says /v2/xuid/{gamertag}. In the address bar, type in any gamertag you want: https://xboxapi.com/v2/xuid/(Gamertag). For this example, let's do the gamertag PL again. It will give you 2535423288379619. The reason it is different from the one on cxkes is because this number is in decimal from and not hexadecimal. You can easily convert it. You can go here to convert:
https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/numb...o-hex.html

Paste 2535423288379619 into the decimal number box and it will give you 901F43C7588E3 as a hexadecimal. On this site, you can also reverse the search by doing XUID to gamertag where you can type in any decimal XUID and it will tell you the gamertag linked. On the documentation page, it's number 6 /v2/gamertag/{xuid}.

UPDATE DECEMBER 28, 2018:

There is a new working tool that gives the XUID of both gamertags when you type one. Go here:
http://gamertag.exposed/tag/XBL

Type the gamertag after /tag/ and it will automatically tell you which one is the exploit. 

Big thanks to @yardstick for making this easy to use tool.
Learnt a lot from this. Thanks a lot

Messages In This Thread
Thanks man - by Andyalex26 - 07-25-2018, 08:59 PM
RE: How To Know 100% if a Gamertag is an Exploit or Not/What is an Exploit? (Informative) - by Resrion - 10-01-2019, 07:15 PM