Poll: Would you like to see a Verified Award/Status?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I think this would help!
51.61%
16 51.61%
No, I do not think this is useful.
48.39%
15 48.39%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

1 2 3 > 4 Next »
" Verified " Status or Verified Award? 1406
Posts 278
Rep 70
Bronze MedalMigrationSilver MedalPalm TreeHalloween
OP07-25-2017, 07:46 PM

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2017, 07:48 PM by Daks.)
Good afternoon,

I know I'm still pretty new here, but being apart of forum communities for the past 10 years, I know Multis have always been an issue, and will continue to be an issue. Just being here for Three Days, I see several people either banned as a Multi, or getting accused of being a Multi.

My suggestion is to make a Verified Status or Verified Award.  It's not the most "original" thing ever, and I have seen some forums utilize this in the past.. However, it does give a Trader/User the reassurance that a User is likely not a Muilti and cannot possibly create a new verified multi.. (not easily at-least..)

How does one attain the Verified Award?

This would need to be decided by staff, but it can consist of;

1.  Member Verifies by providing a Government Issued ID w/ Piece of paper saying OGU Username

2. Member Verifies by providing Mail that proves the address on Government Issued ID

3. Member Verified on Webcam by OGU Staff to confirm the identity in ID/Mail provided.

4. Any other Verification Method the staff deem necessary.

Just a thought..

Members who complete the verification process with either Staff or Admin receive the "Verified Award";

Potential Awards;

1. [Image: yhb4zeJ.png]

2. [Image: gHO1d8d.png]

3. [Image: IuUzwBE.png]

It's up to users/Admins, but either an Admin could complete this Verification Process for a Member, or any staff member.  All Document traces to be discarded after, or encrypted and stored on an external HDD/Flash drive for future reference, due to people trying to perhaps double verify.

Leave your input!

Thanks,

Scout.

Posts 107
Rep 2,197
Vouches: 705
Credits: 3,576
Staff Team
StaffTrusted
Posts 278
Rep 70
OP07-25-2017, 07:50 PM
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2017, 07:50 PM by Daks.)
(07-25-2017, 07:48 PM)night Wrote:who would actually show their id to staff just for a forum like this

I have in the past, nor do I mind doing it again.  I'm an adult, with a job/house/car/life. I'm not really concerned with Staff seeing it or having it stored in an encryption *shrug*

It's like people that get scared about a ####, congrats, addresses are public information anyways lol.

Liked by: Dak
Posts 1,588
Vouches: 42
Credits: 368
Silver NinjaHeartPalm TreeRed Ninja
07-25-2017, 07:50 PM
this will most likely be denied but if it was accepted i think #3 looks the best

caden#0579

caden#0579

caden#0579

caden#0579
Posts 549
Rep 266
MigrationRed NinjaGrenadeBronze MedalJukeboxSilver MedalGold Medal
07-25-2017, 07:51 PM
(07-25-2017, 07:46 PM)Scout Wrote:Good afternoon,

I know I'm still pretty new here, but being apart of forum communities for the past 10 years, I know Multis have always been an issue, and will continue to be an issue. Just being here for Three Days, I see several people either banned as a Multi, or getting accused of being a Multi.

My suggestion is to make a Verified Status or Verified Award.  It's not the most "original" thing ever, and I have seen some forums utilize this in the past.. However, it does give a Trader/User the reassurance that a User is likely not a Muilti and cannot possibly create a new verified multi.. (not easily at-least..)

How does one attain the Verified Award?

This would need to be decided by staff, but it can consist of;

1.  Member Verifies by providing a Government Issued ID w/ Piece of paper saying OGU Username

2. Member Verifies by providing Mail that proves the address on Government Issued ID

3. Member Verified on Webcam by OGU Staff to confirm the identity in ID/Mail provided.

4. Any other Verification Method the staff deem necessary.

Just a thought..

Members who complete the verification process with either Staff or Admin receive the "Verified Award";

Potential Awards;

1. [Image: yhb4zeJ.png]

2. [Image: gHO1d8d.png]

3. [Image: IuUzwBE.png]

It's up to users/Admins, but either an Admin could complete this Verification Process for a Member, or any staff member.  All Document traces to be discarded after, or encrypted and stored on an external HDD/Flash drive for future reference, due to people trying to perhaps double verify.

Leave your input!

Thanks,

Scout.

Why the fuck would anyone send a pic of their government ID to a staff member just for an award

Liked by: 8Taken44
Posts 158
Rep 3
Bronze Medal
This is a very good suggestion i agree

Posts 0
Rep 1,882
Poop Emoji
Only like 1% of the users here would do that.
It's a good idea but not practical for a bunch of 13 year old kids

Liked by: Mac, NIGGERZRUSS
Posts 107
Rep 2,197
Vouches: 705
Credits: 3,576
Staff Team
StaffTrusted
07-25-2017, 07:52 PM
(07-25-2017, 07:50 PM)Scout Wrote:I have in the past, nor do I mind doing it again.  I'm an adult, with a job/house/car/life. I'm not really concerned with Staff seeing it or having it stored in an encryption *shrug*

It's like people that get scared about a ####, congrats, addresses are public information anyways lol.

im not scared about a ####. i couldnt give less of a shit if i get ###### but i dont feel the need to show my id to someone just to be able to use a forum. i wouldnt do it

Posts 440
Rep 41
Red NinjaPromoterMigrationTwitterBronze MedalGrenadeGift
07-25-2017, 07:53 PM
Yeah fuck that you sound like a narc

Liked by: Ah
Posts 278
Rep 70
OP07-25-2017, 07:53 PM
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2017, 07:54 PM by Daks.)
(07-25-2017, 07:51 PM)scarface Wrote:Why the fuck would anyone send a pic of their government ID to a staff member just for an award
It's not just necessarily for an award lol, the thread explains why, to easily prove someone was not a multi, or could not easily re-verify as a multi in the future.  Or if the Member does scam an OGU user, they could always dump the info, to scare the scammer.  It's just an added layer of security/credentials to ones persona.

Again though, all the information is public knowledge anyways, and can be easily found.  I don't have anything to hide I guess, so I don't think it's that big of a deal.  I met my significant other on the internet lmao.

(07-25-2017, 07:52 PM)night Wrote:im not scared about a ####. i couldnt give less of a shit if i get ###### but i dont feel the need to show my id to someone just to be able to use a forum. i wouldnt do it

No one is saying you have to do it.. It's an optional verification process..

1 2 3 > 4 Next »