« 1 2 3
Thoughts on my sales thread? (It's been a while) 1154
Posts 1,978
Rep 908
Vouches: 102
Credits: 2,586
Apollo
03-20-2020, 01:46 PM
I think this is an amazing piece, great use of negative space, both macro spacing and micro spacing are on point. Along with a good ratio of content.

This section is incredibly creative, and a good way of showing your workflow and portraying to the client how your deal will work, however I personally would have removed the "bleeding" effect from them so they would be more solid:
http://prntscr.com/rjr53v

This section worries me though, you should value yourself and your time more: bump these prices up by 3 times and that's where I'd place you.
http://prntscr.com/rjr5kl

This component looks a bit strange in my opinion; it's unique however it's curves don't match with the grid / square layout for the rest of the design.
http://prntscr.com/rjr635

Your use of the white and gold colour scheme is stunning, and gives of a very "luxury" feel, however this forum is fairly dark; so I'd recommend working with a second colour scheme to more suit this; you could do this quite easily by replacing your white with an off-black and text / icon colours to be an off-white.

I'd also like to note that your thread design comes to an end abruptly, rather than it containing a footer for example. This is just personal preference, but it'd be awesome to see you look into it. That way you could even transition this into web design and take it professionally (if you don't already).

I'd love to get into contact with you to talk some more, maybe go over some tips and tricks.

I hope my points and criticism above have helped, even if just a little.
@Ziro

Discord: Ziro#6159

Donate BTC : 152qv4mxC13AaCfRDxYMKoHFz3VpAAwnJF

Posts 23
Rep 31
Vouches: 2
Credits: 2
Silver MedalBronze Medal
OP03-21-2020, 12:48 AM
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2020, 12:50 AM by Indeprensus.)
(03-20-2020, 01:46 PM)Ziro Wrote:I think this is an amazing piece, great use of negative space, both macro spacing and micro spacing are on point. Along with a good ratio of content.

This section is incredibly creative, and a good way of showing your workflow and portraying to the client how your deal will work, however I personally would have removed the "bleeding" effect from them so they would be more solid:
http://prntscr.com/rjr53v

This section worries me though, you should value yourself and your time more: bump these prices up by 3 times and that's where I'd place you.
http://prntscr.com/rjr5kl

This component looks a bit strange in my opinion; it's unique however it's curves don't match with the grid / square layout for the rest of the design.
http://prntscr.com/rjr635

Your use of the white and gold colour scheme is stunning, and gives of a very "luxury" feel, however this forum is fairly dark; so I'd recommend working with a second colour scheme to more suit this; you could do this quite easily by replacing your white with an off-black and text / icon colours to be an off-white.

I'd also like to note that your thread design comes to an end abruptly, rather than it containing a footer for example. This is just personal preference, but it'd be awesome to see you look into it. That way you could even transition this into web design and take it professionally (if you don't already).

I'd love to get into contact with you to talk some more, maybe go over some tips and tricks.

I hope my points and criticism above have helped, even if just a little.
@Ziro

So first things first, this was one of the most amazing pieces of critique I have ever got on any forum. 

I love using negative space, and positioning things elegantly around, making each thing compliment the next, its something I've worked on for a long time and I'm glad its being noticed.

The bleeding effect on the workflow section was something I personally wanted to try, and without it to me it didn't look/feel right to me, I wanted to portray a fluid workflow when dealing with my clients, hence the bleed.

See, the thing about pricing, is its subjective, one person may value a piece of work a lot higher than another, however you're not the first person to be curious about my pricing. I am having a mental tug-o-war debating if I should raise them. I also see some very low prices already on this forum and wouldn't mind getting some sales even if my price is slightly lower than I'd like.

Now the header, the specific part you've mentioned again was brought up a couple of times, I usually prefer to do something unique on the header, the separation from the header<main body needs to be noticeable - otherwise there is no break in information - saying that I did try straight lines/curved lines however they felt a little off and ugly without it, and something just didn't sit right so they stayed.

I love using a gold colour scheme, I originally went as Black/Gold in previous threads, which are posted around here (Which if i recall correctly, you commented on sometime 2 years ago?! - it has been a while) However after completely disregarding the forum being a dark colour and going white/off-white/gold I do see my mistake.

Ending a thread has always been a little tricky for me, (maybe I don't want them to stop) I used to just add a small footnote - which had my logo, Discord, With love from, etc etc however for any reason which I can not recall I just stopped -at one point I was looking at my thread and realising that it was very short and that is when I gave contact its own section - sorted some more spacing out. It is something I'll look to work on for the future.

On that note, your compliments and feedback are greatly appreciated, and I'd be happy to speak with you more on these subjects.

Liked by: Bon, Ziro
Posts 23
Rep 31
Vouches: 2
Credits: 2
Silver MedalBronze Medal
OP03-21-2020, 02:41 AM
(03-20-2020, 04:46 AM)Krr Wrote:It's neat and orderly.

That what I was aiming for, thanks.

Posts 2,473
Rep 187
Vouches: 6
Credits: 22,207
Bronze MedalGiftGiftGold MedalSilver MedalCandy CaneToilet Paper
03-21-2020, 02:49 AM
(03-21-2020, 02:41 AM)Indeprensus Wrote:That what I was aiming for, thanks.

you're welcome

7000 credits and your username will be in my signature for 2 months.

PM me to be added to my signature. I will only accept two individuals. 

[                ]   [                ]

« 1 2 3