[Review] Childish Gambino 197
Posts 23
Rep 37
InstagramMigrationJukeboxGrenadeBronze Medal
OP07-20-2017, 07:03 AM

[Image: fb682e78.jpg]

Childish Gambino - Donald Glover

About me:

Donald McKinley Glover was born September 25, 1983. He is an American actor, writer, producer, director, comedian, rapper, singer, and songwriter. As a recording artist, he usually performs under the stage name Childish Gambino, and as a disc jockey, he performs under the name mcDJ.

He first came to attention for his work with Derrick Comedy and, with the help of Tina Fey, was hired at the age of 23 to become a writer for the NBC comedy series 30 Rock. He later played college student Troy Barnes on the NBC sitcom Community.[ He currently stars in the FX series Atlanta, which he also created. He has been cast as the young Lando Calrissian in the upcoming, untitled standalone Han Solo Star Wars movie.  He will appear in Spider-Man: Homecoming.

After several self-released albums and mixtapes, Glover signed to Glassnote Records in 2011. He released his first album, Camp, on November 15, 2011 to generally positive reviews. His second studio album, Because the Internet, was released on December 10, 2013. Glover was nominated for two Grammy Awards in 2015, Best Rap Album for Because the Internet and Best Rap Performance for his single "3005". Glover's third album, "Awaken, My Love!", was released on December 2, 2016.

Achievements: 

Throughout the duration of Donald Glovers career he has earned himself a numerous amount of healthy milestones/achievements, ranging from both Comedy & Musical.
  • Writers Guild of America Award for Television: Comedy Series (2008, 2009, 2010)

• Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Television Series Musical or Comedy (2016)

• Danny Thomas Producer of the Year Award in Episodic Television - Comedy (2016)

• Critics' Choice Television Award for Best Actor in a Comedy Series (2016) 
A short list of awards that Donald has achieved in the previous years, If you'd like to view all of Donalds acheivements you can do so HERE.

Interesting Facts: 

1. Donald Glover decided to embark on a rap career, he created his rap name by using a social media Wu-Tang Name Generator. The generator gave him the name Childish Gambino and the rest is history!

2. Donald Glover can cook quite the meal, his favorite dish is Osso bucco. He also shared tips on how to create the "perfect" Osso bucco

3. Danny Glover is NOT his father.

Artwork:
[spoiler]
[Image: 1ef40cbfd4485fd895924b8fd2f0eda4.jpg]
[Image: sprattglover.jpg][Image: 3d261455356d58892a2eb5c1880ad051.jpg]
[Image: gambino-2016-virtual-reality.jpg]
[/spoiler]

(5★/5★):

I personally give Donald Glover a 5 star rating, he creates a broad range of different music & genres, he's outgoing, extremely cheerful and humorous. What more can you ask for in an artist?

What's your thoughts on the all star Gambino?

Posts 2,891
Rep 263
ActiveHalloweenVoidGiftChocolate BunnyStarPalm TreeGrenadeJukeboxMigrationSnapchatYouTubeTwitterInstagramGold MedalSilver MedalBronze MedalBronze Coin
07-20-2017, 08:39 AM
damn, you know a lot on my man childish, maybe a lil too much, but ye he's bomb af

Posts 23
Rep 37
InstagramMigrationJukeboxGrenadeBronze Medal
OP07-20-2017, 08:40 AM
(07-20-2017, 08:39 AM)ayyblow Wrote:damn, you know a lot on my man childish, maybe a lil too much, but ye he's bomb af
I've been watching his comedy since he started basically.