« 1 2 3 4
Old School vs New School Rap/HipHop 1509
Posts 463
Rep 204
Vouches: 27
Credits: 1,427
MigrationRed NinjaSilver Ninja
OP05-02-2017, 03:27 AM
(05-02-2017, 03:16 AM)mob Wrote:IMO There is no " new school rap " I mean anyone from the hip hop era will tell you drake is like an emo mariah and Bob Marley want to be in one.  Every rapper today is molded to be a replacement of the past.  There is rappers that have talent today but they aren't " New school "  and the good ones don't even make real money.  Take Cassidy or Pappoose.  Uncle Murda is molded to be a brooklyn thug biggie replacement icon but he is good. Nas was right when he made Hip Hop is dead.  Jay z is great but he is commercial too now of days on tracks with future and shit.  Old school rap meant you rapped about the struggle.  Real shit that life brought you or you were going through.  The best rappers always meant something.  Tupac Shakur, Nas, Jay z,  Big L, Eminem , Big Pun, Real crews were Terror Squad the real ones.  Ruff ryder will still kill people seriously cut people up.  No one fucked with infamous mobb they were true gang bangers and Yes they ran around with the Rappers of Mobb deep the Infamous Mobb was a street crew that have had countless bodies and shit.  50 could talk all he wanted running around with police at jarule while SUPREME was locked up.  His life is always in danger. Supreme ran queens with a body count for days. They all rapped about the truth.  There is plenty more I just through some out there.  Fabolous is old school as fuck as well. His style has been taken by Loyd Banks.  Anyone from hip hop era will tell you this.  Stick to Justin Beiber and your pop. lol or Drake who cries all day and got bitchslapped by Pdiddy.  It's endless. I think outside of eminem today no one can battle rap Cassidy or Pappoose, Respect there.  Drake calling out DMX is a joke. You got smacked by puff you're gna fuck with DMX? Come on now.  I have to add also Lil Wayne was never a good rapper hes been around since the 90s. He took some drugs and found a crazy good ghost writer and got some beats.  He's trash though and like eminem ate him on his own song. Cant stand next to any the legends.
wow man this is a good read and yea rap is defiantly not how it used to be. it has evolved into something completely different within the music and culture. but love your response. and i might have to check out that drake called out DMX lmao he would get slaughtered id imagine.

[Image: yescurious.gif]

PM ON SITE FIRST

PM ON SITE FIRST

PM ON SITE FIRST

PM ON SITE FIRST
Liked by: mob
Posts 234
Rep -2
InstagramRed Ninja
05-06-2017, 12:02 AM
I like all the new rap imo

Posts 186
Rep 8
Vouches: 2
Credits: 386
TwitterMigrationDemon
05-06-2017, 11:34 AM
I mess with the new school drill rap it goes in... but I'm going to have to say the old school rap runs stuff! You can't compare new school rappers lyrics to some of the best lyricist of the 90s! And I know new school is a different feel because it's about hype music and etc but this is my opinion

« 1 2 3 4