1 2 3 > 6 Next »
NEW TO BUYING FORTNITE ACCOUNTS? CLICK HERE [READ THIS] 15255
Posts 692
Rep 174
Bronze MedalSilver MedalGold MedalStickyPalm TreePoop Emoji
OP07-15-2018, 07:06 PM

(This post was last modified: 07-16-2018, 12:11 PM by Prophett.)
I've been thinking about ways to ensure that the Fortnite accounts I buy are as secure as possible and figured i'd share with you guys the kind of "process(es)" I go through when buying said accounts to hopefully prevent others from getting beamed. I've bought and sold many Fortnite accounts, none of which have been pulled back from me or anyone that has bought off of me. If you found this information to be helpful, don't forget to drop a like! This thread will be updated frequently.

GENERAL RULE OF THUMB:
  • Do your own due diligence. Don’t go into a deal blindsided.
  • Take your time. Being in a rush to find the account you want puts you in the perfect position and on the fast track to getting beamed.
  • Ask for help or advice from Staff and Mentors. That’s what they’re here for.

BEFORE THE DEAL:
[spoiler]
  • Always use a trusted middleman. This is without a doubt the biggest mistake new users make when buying Fortnite accounts. There is absolutely ZERO reason you should be doing a deal without a middleman; some even offer it for free. Regardless of how reputable the user is or how many vouches they have, this should be the standard. Save yourself from getting scammed and ALWAYS confirm on-site. You can find a full list services from Trusted Middlemen by clicking here. (https://RAIDUSER.com/Forum-Middleman-Services
  • Do your research on the seller before buying. This includes but isn't limited to:
    1. Reputation - Albeit not the most important as someone can farm reputation fairly quickly with no real legitimacy. Read through their rep to get an idea on who you’re dealing with.
    2. Vouches - Mainly what I look for when dealing with a seller. The higher the better, though this can be farmed with no real legitimacy as well with larger quantities of smaller, less relevant deals (ie. credit deals/bets)
    3. Posts - Look at the seller’s recent posts. Are they posting about how to pull back emails/Fortnite accounts? Believe it or not, Ive come across sellers where Ive looked at their posts and saw this. Huge red flag to me; avoid at all costs.
    4. Username Changes - Some argue this isn't a big deal, but in all honesty something weird is going on if you’re constantly changing your name. Notice all of the reputable/trusted users don’t change their name. Lead by example.
    5. Groups - This may just be me, but when a user signs up yesterday and immediately upgrades to Solar or Fortune something tells me they’re not so new and have been around or are a multi. When I first started, I had no idea what an upgrade was especially not when I first signed up.
    6. Multiple User Accounts - Most scammers are banned from the site once a deal dispute (DD) has been reviewed, however some create multiple accounts which is against the websites ToS also warranting a ban. These users are called “Multis” and for most is a huge red flag when dealing. Only users who are upgraded to Void and higher have the ability to scan user accounts by IP to detect multiple accounts. If you don’t have the access to do this, ask around. More times than not, dealing with a multi will result in getting beamed.
    7. Deal With Caution (DWC) - My advice to you, they're in DWC for a reason. Stay away or proceed at your own risk. You have no one to blame but yourself.
  • Pick the seller’s brain about the account. Ask questions. After all it’s your money that you are spending and you deserve to know everything about it before buying. Some answers may not add up when the seller responds. If this is the case, avoid them like the plague. Some question I may ask include: (Improvise; think of your own. Ask as many as possible)
    1. Are you the OG owner of the account?
    2. How long have you owned the account?
    3. Do you have the OGE?
    4. What domain is the OGE hosted on?
    5. Does the OGE still have the original emails from ‘Epic Games’? (explained later)
    6. Will you refund the deal if the account is pulled within a reasonable amount of time after sale? (Determined by the admins on a case-by-case basis)
  • Look for Deal Disputes. Before committing to the deal, look for any existing deal disputes opened about the seller. Deal Disputes can be found under the RAIDUSER > GENERAL MARKET > MARKET DISCUSSION section of the forum.
[/spoiler]

DURING THE DEAL:
[spoiler]
  • Verify content of emails. During my deals I generally ask the middleman to verify that the original emails from Epic Games are still there. Having this information is very useful in ensuring the Epic Account is as secure as possible.
  • Verify skins on the Epic Games account. Most middleman verify skins on the account by logging into it in-game by default. Verify with them that this has been done before sending your money to avoid sending your money then logging into an empty account.
  • Secure your accounts. A separate thread detailing how to secure various domains will be available soon.
[/spoiler]

AFTER THE DEAL:
[spoiler]
  • Monitor the OGE. After the deal has been completed pay attention to the activity on the email account. Ensure that you have secured it by enabling 2FA, changing password/recovery options, mobile authenticators among many. 
  • Attempt to swap the Epic Emails. There are various methods on swapping emails on Epic Games accounts which can be found on this site. Alternatively, you can reach out to me and I can help for a fee.
  • Vouch for the seller. Assuming the deal went smoothly, don’t forget to leave a vouch on the seller’s profile.
  • Open a Deal Dispute. If the deal went sideways and you don’t end up with what you paid for, open a deal dispute with every piece of evidence you've got your hands on and wait for staff to review it. 
[/spoiler]

When looking for 'Epic Games' specific emails in the OGE, search for 'Epic Games'. Look for emails that look like the following: 
[spoiler]
[Image: c3NonOx.png]
[Image: Im7f4B5.png]
[/spoiler]

These emails make swapping the email on the Epic Games account to a fresh one 100x easier. Archive/Screenshot/Do what you need to do to preserve these emails.

** If anyone would like to contribute to this,  please reach out - I'd love to add to it to make this thread a type of guide where users can go to reference when buying/securing their Fortnite accounts. **

Posts 192
Rep 190
Palm TreeApolloSilver MedalTrident
07-15-2018, 07:10 PM
Very helpful guide, thanks for helping out this community!

Liked by: Prophett
Posts 379
Rep 69
Gold MedalBronze MedalSilver MedalPalm Tree
07-15-2018, 07:17 PM
Very good ty prophett

Posts 844
Rep 1,262
Cool Cat
07-15-2018, 07:22 PM
This is dope and super helpful gg man... also thanks for finessing all my creds

Posts 909
Rep 273
Vouches: 62
Credits: 3,158
Ghost
07-15-2018, 07:24 PM
Pin this

Discord: robert#6666

Posts 3,366
Rep 3,177
Vouches: 1329
Credits: 2,621
Trusted
07-15-2018, 07:38 PM
Really good guide, thanks for posting this.

Discord: Amp#7201 (Discord ID: 585657305786351616)
Kik: dunk
Instagram: rl

Liked by: Prophett, Spooking
1 2 3 > 6 Next »