More spam clear in general marketplaces? 417
Posts 54
Rep 43
Vouches: 4
Credits: 163
Gold Medal
OP08-20-2017, 11:37 AM

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2017, 11:39 AM by Jak0b.)
I started using this forum exactly 2 months ago from today, have been consistently browsing it for 1 of those months. I've noticed lately that there have been a lot more scammers across all the tag marketplaces. Fake sellers, bad rep users, copied posts, and a TON of reported scammers. 

As this forum/marketplace gets larger, I feel like there should be more precautions taken towards ###### down on spam users and other scammers with newer accounts. This could range to them having to show proof of owning the account, or certain numbers of times newer users are allowed to post at a time. Frankly, I do not know what steps should be taken to improve the marketplaces for less chances of being scammed, this post is more of a statement that this rapidly growing marketplace needs to keep ahead of its time, and one of those steps being more security for users in the marketplace section. 

Thanks for reading and for all the work our mods/admins put into this website.

Liked by: david
Posts N/A
Zeb
08-20-2017, 11:40 AM
Or just always use a middleman.

Liked by: Ben124
Posts 54
Rep 43
Gold Medal
OP08-20-2017, 11:42 AM
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2017, 11:43 AM by Jak0b.)
(08-20-2017, 11:40 AM)Zeb Wrote:Or just always use a middleman.

I've been scammed myself so I've used a mm afterwards a few times, but I don't want to play a few extra dollars to not be scammed. 

It shouldn't have to come to this, we should all be able to safely buy GTs from each other instead of hiring someone else that we can actually trust.

Also, the whole spamming issue is a problem because it gets annoying when you see the same low rep users making 6 posts at a time about them trying to scam a GT.

Posts N/A
Zeb
08-20-2017, 11:43 AM
(08-20-2017, 11:42 AM)Jak0b Wrote:I've been scammed myself so I've used a mm afterwards a few times, but sorry I don't want to play a few extra dollars to not be scammed. 

It shouldn't have to come to this, we should all be able to safely buy GTs from each other instead of hiring someone else that we can actually trust.

If you'd rather not spend like $5 to make sure you don't get scammed then that's your fault if you get scammed, it will always be that way and people who don't use MMs will always get scammed. We have a trusted rank for a reason.

Posts 4,923
Rep 375
Vouches: 48
Credits: 752
DonatorDonator IIDonator IIIBronze CoinSilver CoinGold CoinRichest
08-20-2017, 11:43 AM
(08-20-2017, 11:42 AM)Jak0b Wrote:I've been scammed myself so I've used a mm afterwards a few times, but sorry I don't want to play a few extra dollars to not be scammed. 

even so, we've seen in past cases that mm's end up scamming as well.

Always confirm onsite.
 discord: david#9810

Always confirm onsite.

Always confirm onsite.

Always confirm onsite.
Liked by: Jak0b
Posts 54
Rep 43
Gold Medal
OP08-20-2017, 11:49 AM
(08-20-2017, 11:43 AM)Zeb Wrote:If you'd rather not spend like $5 to make sure you don't get scammed then that's your fault if you get scammed, it will always be that way and people who don't use MMs will always get scammed. We have a trusted rank for a reason.

Of course, I think middlemen are a great idea and the majority of them are extremely trustworthy. But even at that there have been so many newer users who have been trying to scam other people, and I think that there needs to be some kind of filter of what newer users are allowed to post and how often. It has become far more of a problem recently than it has been before and the website should keep up with its community. 

EDIT- Shit grammar

Posts N/A
Zeb
08-20-2017, 11:50 AM
(08-20-2017, 11:49 AM)Jak0b Wrote:Of course, I think middlemen are a great idea and the majority of them are extremely trustworthy. But even at that there have been so many newer users who have been trying to scam other people, and I think that there needs to be some kind of filter of what newer users are allowed to post and how often. It has become far more of a problem recently than it has been before and the website should keep up with its community. 

EDIT- Shit grammar

Doing that will kill site activity by a ton, it's much easier to educate users to use a middleman, and it's also much safer.

Posts 792
Rep 186
08-20-2017, 11:55 AM
(08-20-2017, 11:49 AM)Jak0b Wrote:Of course, I think middlemen are a great idea and the majority of them are extremely trustworthy. But even at that there have been so many newer users who have been trying to scam other people, and I think that there needs to be some kind of filter of what newer users are allowed to post and how often. It has become far more of a problem recently than it has been before and the website should keep up with its community. 

EDIT- Shit grammar

If anything , new members shouldn't be able to post in currency exchange. I don't understand the rest of your point though , if someone wants to sell something they should be able to , that's why they joined the site.

Posts 54
Rep 43
Gold Medal
OP08-20-2017, 11:59 AM
(08-20-2017, 11:50 AM)Zeb Wrote:Doing that will kill site activity by a ton, it's much easier to educate users to use a middleman, and it's also much safer.

That is a good point. There has to be a way to cut down on all the spam lately on the marketplace.