Let's take a look back...Minecraft nostalgia 150
Posts 742
Rep 109
TurkeyGiftGiftSilver MedalGold MedalBronze Medal
OP11-18-2019, 08:19 AM

I am sure many of you, as I, were very early fans of Minecraft. I remember my first interaction with Minecraft, I had made a nether portal and built a full diamond block house in hell. (Naturally) Something magical happened. It wasn't long before my brother had purchased his very own Minecraft account. I remember vividly the mods from Skydaz, Windows 7, and my obsession with building hotels and large houses. I enjoyed Minecraft right up to the death of our Windows 7 laptop. Me and my brother played with our neighbor on their laptop for a while, and played the wonderful Xbox 360 Minecraft. After that we got an iMac, and I saw the game evolve and change. Specifically 1.8, 1.9, 1.10. Throughout the years I started noticing something, minecraft doesn't make me as happy anymore. Minecraft is so different...a lot of the charm has been sucked away. I don't know what it is about these new updates, but although it seems the game is improving... it seems to get farther and farther away from the game I loved. I remember the redstone update. I immediately opened the confusing and disorganized creative menu and searched for the new exciting blocks. Now we get new rocks or some new blocks for the end...

Even worse, now Minecraft is associated with salty 8 year old "pvpers." Everyone dismisses the game and makes fun of you if you play it. In 2010 it was this epic new game, now it is this huge giant servers and cringy minecon interviews. The community has gotten terrible, and the game doesn't feel like Minecraft anymore. The friendly, glitchy, simple, Minecraft.

I have only described the beginning of my nostalgia... don't even get me started on Xbox 360 or my strong emotional connection with snow biomes. (I don't know why)

Share some of your first moments with Minecraft, and some of your nostalgia.

Posts 437
Rep 8
Vouches: 5
Credits: 8
TwitterSnapchatBronze MedalBronze CoinDemonSilver Medal
11-26-2019, 11:39 AM
Good old days when minecraft was free to play in web browser

[Image: heart_dc_2.gif]