How to claim your BCC after 1st August! 286
Posts 223
Rep 192
Vouches: 58
Credits: 436
Red NinjaInstagramTwitterMigrationYouTubePromoterGrenadeJukeboxBronze MedalGold MedalSilver MedalHalloweenVoidGift
OP07-30-2017, 11:33 AM

I have been reading a lot of information on the best ways of claiming your BCC and decide to post this to help users out.

Personally I think having access to you private keys is the best way. 
Some of the wallets that support private keys are Jaxx (mobile), Electrum (pc) there are a lot more available, you can search for them on google. 

After 1st August follow these steps for the safest way to claim your BCC

1) Before 1st August Make sure your BTC is in Electrum or Jaxx wallet or any other wallet that stores private keys (Wallet A).

2) After a successful split (wait for the news to confirm) Install another Wallet and transfer your BTC to (Wallet B). This can be any wallet of your choice.

3) Make sure to wait for BTC to confirm in Wallet B. Wallet A should now be empty, but there should be hidden BCC inside it which is linked to your private keys.

4) Export the seed from Wallet A (private keys), install any BCC wallet and import the seed from Wallet A into BCC wallet.

This way no one can gain access to your BTC private keys when you import them into the new BCC wallet. 

I would advise waiting for some articles to come out before doing this as there might be complications and the last thing you want is to lose your BTC

The second option is not as safe in my opinion however it's likely to work out. All you need to do is trasfer your BTC to an exchange like kraken that supports BCC and you will get them automatically.

All exchanges and wallets that support BCC can be found here bitcoincash.org

Hope this will help some users.

[Image: r5nTTaj.png]
KIK: H1P3R