OGU News #7 [11/2/2019] 694
Posts 1,699
Rep 670
Vouches: 44
Credits: 511
SnapchatBronze CoinSilver CoinGold CoinYouTubePalm TreeGiftMigrationHalloweenSunVoidBronze MedalSilver MedalGold MedalStickyHigh RollerPoop EmojiDemonWeebHustlerEarthActive
OP11-03-2019, 12:37 AM

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2019, 02:38 PM by Ideology.)
[Image: wH1bEzk.png]
Welcome to the 7th Edition of OGU News! Please read every section, and we hope you enjoy this issue!
Headlines
[Image: zxiVOGN.png]
#teamtrees (New Earth Award)

Join the collaborative fundraising challenge #teamtrees in planting 20 million trees before January 1st, 2020!
By donating at least $5 (for 5 trees), you will be able to receive the new Earth award. Feeling extra generous? You can pledge trees on the behalf of other users to gift them the award.

Member News
Trusted & Staff Member Promotions

For users who haven’t noticed, many of our trusted members & staff members have advanced and been promoted!
Congratulations on @omie for Head Staff, @arc and @Defile for Staff, and @sky for Mentor. It’s wonderful to see these individuals being recognized for their efforts in the community. 

Milestones
tugs
Ditch
Vaad
YNW
Fryl
Gummi
reesxy
Arakawa

Remorse
riot
divinus

Petrie
Lane
Friday
Ronin

Arbiter

anx
GUCCI

Void Upgrades
Alf
int
Cyberpvnk
Wrope
Bon

Apollo Upgrades
Arbiter

Group News

It's always an extraordinarily hectic week for group owners and members as many usergroups are bought and sold almost every week. In case you've gotten lost in the confusion, here are the most recent joinable groups available of OGU users!

Christmas - Owner {IG}
Lifetime Buy-In - $25
Permanent Buy-In - $60 (+$5 every Buy-in)

Midnight - Owner {medusa}
Permanent Buy-In - $50

Ice - Owners { f / mess }
Buy-In - $100

Menacing - Owner {suicidal}
Lifetime Buy-In - $25
Permanent Buy-In - $75

Groups for Sale

Three-Headed Snake - Owner {ay}
BIN - $2.5k

Psychedelic - Owners { r1sk / Loz }

Interviews
[Image: avatar_46493.png?dateline=1571372733]
[Image: TRUSTED.gif]

[spoiler]Ideology: Hello cry! It’s a sheer pleasure to be interviewing a popular OGU Middleman! Before we begin, are there any shoutouts you would like to give?

cry: Hello Ideology! Glad to be a part of OGU news, and I would like to give a shoutout to the forum team for doing such a good job and working hard and to you for creating OGU news. Special shoutout to my wife arc!

Ideology: Splendid! Now, within the span of over a year and a half, you’ve become one of the most decorated members. Do you contribute this result more towards the number of deals you’ve completed, or your enormous post count and forum activity?

cry: I would say it's a bit of both. Being active and having a connection with the community certainly helps as they see you as someone they can relate to and it builds trust and reputation. It's also a great way to meet friends. Being an active member of the marketplace shows your skills as a seller and helps you become trusted within the community and helps increase knowledge on dealing. Both played a part in my success on RAIDUSER.

Ideology: You're clearly someone who doesn't shy away from people and having new connections, so I'll ask someone somewhat "random". Let’s pretend you were to have dinner with 3 people (dead or alive), who would you want them to be and why?

cry: *Umm* That is a great question and really hard one to answer. There are so many great people and amazing people in the world that I would love to talk too and learn from. I would say one of the people would have to be someone that is really successful in business. I think Steve Jobs would be a good person to pick as he was a very successful businessman and has a lot of knowledge that he could share.

Another person would be Elon Musk not only is he a successful businessman and very smart but he seems like he has a really good personality and would be someone you could have a laugh with. My final person would be Edward Snowden he seems like he has a lot of interesting secrets to share and overall is a very mysterious interesting person and I would love to know more about him.

Ideology: All amazing dinner guests! Now, you've easily done many exchanges and deals with people, and so you certainly have developed an understanding of how people react to money. What is your perspective on the idea that "Money is the root of all evil"?

cry: Money is very powerful and controls how the world runs, money can be used for good and can also be used for evil it all depends on who the person with the money is. I wouldn't say money is the root of all evil, but it definitely can be used to fuel evil.

Ideology: Wonderful answer! Leaving philosophy, let’s talk about bucket lists. Right now in your life, what would be your “Top 5” that you would like to complete as soon as possible?

cry: Top 5 would be: To be successful. Learn new skills. Be happy. Make friends and get more connections. Create/Build a business.

Ideology: You're certainly one of the most expansionary people I've interviewed! But let’s stop being serious for a moment and tell me, what is the funniest thing that has happened to you or you’ve seen recently?

cry: The funniest thing that I have seen recently would have to be this cat video I saw on Instagram not only is it funny but it's also really cute. Video Link

Ideology: Hopefully our readers will check it out as well! Here’s a fun scenario: Crayola® is releasing a new color, and it’s in honor of you! What color would it be, and what “crayon name” would you give it?

cry: It would have to be a crayon that is half green and half blue and if you want to use the other color you just flip it over, the green would represent where I am at right now Trusted and the blue would represent the future and what I want to work towards and maybe get one day Staff.  The name would be "Blueen" which would mean half blue half green pretty dumb name, but yeah.

Ideology: That's easily the most creative answer I've heard for that question ever, kudos to you! But now, we're in the part of the interview where I ask members to give a statement of their choosing; it could be about something they wish to be added to the community, advice for people, or anything you truly feel is important for everyone, but also dear to yourself. I'll let you have the floor know.

cry: I would like to say a big congrats to Omie for getting Head staff, and I look forward to seeing how the RAIDUSER site & community improves in the future I'm already loving the new UI designs and all the other little changes, I would like to say a big thank you to you and OGUNews for having me on this interview and I hope that you make it a regular thing again as I really enjoy seeing and reading it and I know the community loves it too!

Ideology: I'm so glad I could interview you cry. Before we end, I would like to ask you one last question! In one word, what does it mean to be human in your perspective?

cry: "Unique"

Ideology: Thank you so much for your time, and I wish you a great rest of your weekend!

cry: Thank you for having me! I wish you success and happiness.[/spoiler]

World News

[Image: AR4IQLXXH4I6TMWSD434TWBNXM.jpg]
The United States is facing a “Student Achievement Crisis” says Secretary Of Education
In the latest report done by the Department of Education, 2 out of 3 students do not meet the reading proficiency requirements set by the education department, with the average eighth-grade proficiency going down in 31 states in the US. Blame is being set towards the officials and superintendents who seemingly claimed everything was fine 2 years prior. 

Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos expressed great regret towards the increase of K-12 education. "It's way past time we dispense with the idea that more money for school buildings buys better achievement for school students," she said. "No amount of spending can bring about good results from bad policy." 

[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg....it%3Dscale]
Russian Government strengthens control over the Internet
Russia has introduced its new “sovereign internet” law which allows officials (the Kremlin) to shut off the country’s internet connections “in an emergency”. It requires internet service providers to install network equipment capable of identifying the source of traffic and filter content.

Citizens are concerned with the government utilizing this new power to censor speech and disconnect the country with other forms of connection across the world. Supporters of the law view it as an effective way of protecting from foreign attacks as there is no reliance on other foreign servers. As a result of the law being passed, thousands of citizens protested in the city of Moscow against it.

Social Media News

[Image: 3126.jpg]
Instagram Likes & Followers and Fake Reviews are Illegal says FTC
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission has fined multiple businesses that sold fake indicators of social media influence. Devumi itself was fined $2.5 million for selling millions of followers, likes, and views for multiple media platforms – Youtube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and more. The company was under investigation by the New York Times when it was revealed high-profile individuals including professional athletes, musicians, investors, and celebrities.

For the past 2 years, popular skincare company Sunday Riley was accused of writing hundreds of fake reviews on Sephora’s website, prompting another FTC investigation, with the commission ruling both company’s actions illegal. While these two entities have been stopped, there is no clear plan by the FTC on stopping the rise of markets for false social influence.

[Image: webp.net-resizeimage-2-6.jpg?quality=98&strip=all&w=782]
Google has purchased Fitbit while Facebook Reportedly was Interested

For $2.1 Billion, the search engine company Google purchased the popular health tracking company Fitbit. Statements have been released from Fitbit claiming, “Fitbit health and wellness data will not be used for Google ads” while most investors believe this is a move towards Google further developing wearable technology. Evidence can be found from a January purchase of the watch and designer company Fossil’s (unknown) smartwatch technology for $40 million.

Meanwhile, the media company The Information revealed before Google’s purchase, Facebook was inquiring about acquiring it for themselves (though they offered much less). The Information notes CEO Mark Zuckerburg’s reveal of AR (augmented reality) glasses to be released by 2022, which gives some idea on their interest for the purchase. 

Other
Video of the Week

Song of the Week

Fact of the Week
The U.S. has more museums than Starbucks and McDonald's locations combined.

Quote of the Week
“Don’t stay in bed, unless you can make money in bed.” – George Burns

Thank you for reading! Enjoy your day OGU!

[Image: djMQAL3.jpg]
I am NOT purchasing any crypto; corona has put me out of work. If you receive any DM's from "me" without this being removed from siggy, it's a scammer.

Discord Info Below

Ideology#3012
I have HypeSquad Balance Early Contributor
(PFP is always changing)

I am NOT purchasing any crypto; corona has put me out of work. If you receive any DM's from "me" without this being removed from siggy, it's a scammer.

Discord Info Below

Ideology#3012
(PFP is always changing)

Discord Info Below

Ideology#3012
(PFP is always changing)

Discord Info Below

Ideology#3012
(PFP is always changing)

Posts 12,390
Rep 3,233
Vouches: 809
Credits: 7,303
$500 Donor
ContributorContributorContributorContributorContributorWealthyDonatorDonator IIDonator IIIDonator IVBitcoinBronze CoinSilver CoinGold CoinRoyaltyReputableBronze MedalSilver MedalGold MedalAlienApolloVoidRichestHustlerHigh RollerPoop EmojiCool CatMuffinTridentNightGolden AppleIron SwordGold SwordDiamond SwordStarMigrationPromoterTop BananaActiveStickyKoalaTurkeyEarthSunPalm TreeInstagramTwitterYouTubeSnapchatSilver NinjaHeartHeartHeartBlack HeartBlack HeartBlack HeartBlackhatGhostDemonHalloweenEaster BasketChocolate BunnyInnovatorCandy CaneGiftGiftJukeboxWeebGrenadeCloverCheers
11-03-2019, 04:13 AM
I'm famous

Discord: cry#2530 (Discord ID: 604148473218072619)
Telegram: admire
Confirm onsite before dealing!

Buy into Mafia

Buy into Mafia

Buy into Mafia

Buy into Mafia
Posts 5,447
Rep 1,091
Vouches: 83
Credits: 119
SunToilet PaperMigrationDemonBlack HeartBlack HeartEarthCool CatActive
11-03-2019, 04:16 AM
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2019, 04:16 AM by YSL.)
Keep us updated thanks < 3

Always Confirm onsite whenever I'm dealing
Kik: Yves
Discord: ysl#0005 [ no nitro

Posts 3,164
Rep 807
Vouches: 86
Credits: 3,516
Black HeartBlack HeartBlack HeartApolloGhost
Z
Apollo Apollo
11-03-2019, 06:41 AM
Put me in the 300 rep milestones hit mine a couple days ago Smile

Posts 4,420
Rep 600
Vouches: 54
Credits: 12,054
$1000 Donor
TridentBlack HeartBlack HeartBlack HeartRoyalty
11-03-2019, 06:43 AM
I always enjoy stuff like this, keep it up

Posts 7,511
Rep 754
Vouches: 20
Credits: 3,795
ActiveToilet PaperTop Banana
11-03-2019, 06:02 PM
A great edition of OGU news, thank you.

Hey you! Hire me to write a story for you! Or just buy my credits from me.
Come on, you know you want to. I'll replace this text with a new meme signature soon.

Bon Jovi <bon@2a03.party>
70FB 4E26 89FF ED78

Come on, you know you want to. I'll replace this text with a new meme signature soon.

70FB 4E26 89FF ED78

70FB 4E26 89FF ED78

70FB 4E26 89FF ED78
Liked by: Punch
Posts 2,743
Rep 1,242
Vouches: 186
Credits: 954
WeebPoop EmojiCool CatInnovator
11-03-2019, 06:29 PM
reminds me alot of LF's News Team, and it makes me so happy. keep up the excellent work and if u need any writers lmk

Liked by: Ideology
Posts 1,699
Rep 670
Vouches: 44
Credits: 511
SnapchatBronze CoinSilver CoinGold CoinYouTubePalm TreeGiftMigrationHalloweenSunVoidBronze MedalSilver MedalGold MedalStickyHigh RollerPoop EmojiDemonWeebHustlerEarthActive
OP11-04-2019, 03:24 AM
Added new people to Milestones!Added new people to Milestones!

Discord Info Below

Ideology#3012
(PFP is always changing)

Discord Info Below

Ideology#3012
(PFP is always changing)

Discord Info Below

Ideology#3012
(PFP is always changing)

Discord Info Below

Ideology#3012
(PFP is always changing)

Liked by: Ronin
Posts 4,300
Rep 1,205
Vouches: 126
Credits: 598
SunCloverWeebHeartNight
Apollo Apollo
11-04-2019, 03:26 AM